05 January, 2012

The "ought" of Apologetics? HOPE!!

I used to think "evangelism" was so much more about apologetics. It never concerned me (!) that this hinged so definingly on the "mind" (ie: not the “heart”) and one's ability to philosophize.

I didn’t think I lacked compassion – after all, I longed to see people saved! But I have realized this was (until recently) fueled more by a desire to be “Right” than out of a heart of God-infused love and compassion.

Let us balance these 2 things: Yes, “arguing with” (or more graciously put, “persuading”) people can eventually yield good fruit; God does use every kind of means, and we MUST be able to give an answer for the hope within us.

BUT….BUT…BUT! that HOPE is the ultimate message, and this HOPE is born out of, and made more evident by, the KINDNESS of God which leads us to repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment