23 January, 2009

All that I can Possibly Want!


All that I can possibly want!
(Octavius Winslow, "The Witness of the Spirit")

"From the fullness of His grace--we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16

Child of God, all that can possibly want is treasured up in Christ! You have . . . no cross--but Christ can bear it, no sorrow--but Christ can alleviate it, no corruption--but Christ can subdue it, no guilt--but Christ can remove it, no sin--but Christ can pardon it, no need--but Christ can supply it!

Lift up your heads, you who are poor, needy and disconsolate! Lift up your heads, and rejoice that Christ is ALL to you! All you need in this valley of tears. All you will need in the deepest sorrow. All you need under the heaviest affliction. All you need in sickness. All you will need in the hour of death. All you will need in the day of judgment.

Indeed, Christ is IN ALL too. He is in all your salvation. He is in all your mercies. He is in all your trials. He is in all your consolations. He is in all your afflictions.

What more can you want? What more do you desire? A Father who loves you as the apple of His eye! A full Savior to whom to go, moment by moment!

"Therefore let us approach the throne of grace with confidence--so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16




**Oh my God - today though I am well acquainted with my own shortcomings and my griefs, the loss of that which I desire, the prospect of enduring the suffering of this loss for some long time, how merciful that you have given me a fresh glimpse of my Christ through something so simple as a word from this brother who has long been in your presence, now, realizing the fullness of the things of which he tasted while he walked with you below. How merciful - this reminder of the transient nature of this life - and the recollection that ALL we experience here, whether for our immediate happiness or to our sorrow, all are nevertheless to our greater joy because all are for YOUR greater glory and according to your unsearchable wisdom! Please cause me to abide in Christ, in his love, throughout today - so that any sorrow may seem SO small because it IS indeed so small - you have given me MUCH for which I can rejoice, and I need your grace to train me so that I may in truth "turn back to praise" ANYTHING that I receive from your hand, so that I may "give thanks in all circumstances," and again I say, "rejoice in the Lord always." My precious Lord and Savior, let me drink deeply from YOUR goodness and be satisfied.**

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Leah. It seems God is shaping us, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete