04 March, 2010

~ a prayer for today ~

Lord - HERE [work] is where I most often and MOST readily need to be prayerful and dependent on the Lord to fill me with his Spirit. HERE is where I have the MOST time and opportunity to grow in faithfulness cuz HERE is my everyday, my most wakeful hours. So today, Lord, let me practice meekness - let me be patient and gentle! Let me show respect where due, and God help me! let me not think more highly of myself than I "ought."

Insofar as "being filled with the Spirit" is a command to be obeyed, I can "feel" that my ... drinking deeply of your presence DOES cause me to walk differently! With the gentleness and patience and self-control, and kindness and peace that YOU possess, and make manifest in and through me....

My God, APART from my Faith. Full. dependence on you, I am a natural Ogre.

God, be merciful! CAPTIVATE me, that I may give you my full attention, and joyfully so!

[fix my passions and my gaze; sweet submission, all glorious!]

1 comment: