12 August, 2011

ANY Sip from the Cup of Bitterness

Every conversation replaying an offense, even if to be "prayerful" or "seeking counsel" from a godly listener, will unavoidably step into the territory of gossip and slander. Our simple "talking" stirs up the cup of bitterness so that every sip, however carefully obtained!, is nevertheless tainted.

Rather, empty the cup, be cleansed!, and fill the purified vessel with fresh water ~ so we can pour out refreshing to others.

~L


(This is not to say we can never speak of offenses, but oh how quick I am to speak! ~ what first of getting the LOG out of my own eye! what first of rather being wronged? what first of ensuring that I have already "forgiven" from my heart as Christ has forgiven me, so that if and when I speak, it can be from a merciful disposition? If I must speak at all, why not first let that speaking be of my OWN offense, so that my prayers may not be hindered?)

No comments:

Post a Comment