17 February, 2009

"Tear me open, pour me out"

I find these lyrics particularly compelling:

UNTIL IT SLEEPS (Metallica)
Where do I take this pain of mine/I run but it stays right by my side//So tear me open, pour me out/These things inside they scream and shout/And the pain still hates me/So hold me until it sleeps//Just like a curse, just like a stray/You feed it once and now it stays/Now it stays/So tear me open, but beware/There’s things inside without a care


And the dirt still stains me/So wash me until I’m clean//It grips you, so hold me/It stains you, so hold me/It hates you, so hold me/It holds, you so hold me/Until it sleeps...

/So tell me why you’ve chosen me/Don’t want your grip/Don’t want your greed/Don’t want itI’ll tear me open, make you gone/No more can you hurt anyone/And the fear still shakes me/So hold me until it sleeps//I don’t want it.....no//It grips you so hold me/It stains you so hold me/It hates you so hold me/It holds you, holds you, holds you/Until it sleeps...So tear me open, but beware/The pain’s inside without a care/And the dirt still stains me/So wash me til I’m clean/I’ll tear me open, make you gone/No longer will you hurt anyone/And the hate still shakes me/So hold me until it sleeps/Until it sleeps/Until it sleeps/Until it sleeps/

1 comment: